- Krishna Nursery | We Make Your Life Green | Buy Plants Online | Horticulture Services
Mogra, also known as Jasmine, is a beautiful flowering plant that is commonly grown for its fragrant flowers. The scientific name of Mogra is Jasminum sambac, and it belongs to the family Oleaceae. Mogra plants are native to South Asia and Southeast Asia, but they are now widely cultivated all over the world for their beautiful flowers. The plant can grow up to 3 meters in height and has shiny, dark green leaves. The flowers are white and usually have a very strong and sweet fragrance that is highly prized in perfumery.
In addition to their ornamental value, Mogra plants also have some medicinal properties. The flowers and leaves of the plant are used in traditional medicine to treat various ailments, including fever, headache, and anxiety. The essential oil extracted from the flowers is also used in aromatherapy for its calming and soothing effects.
- Plant name: Mogra Plant
- Pot size: 5 inch Polybag
- Plant Height: 1 ft.
- Spread: 8-10 inch
- Location: Outdoor
- Soil Type: Rich with Soil, Coco-Peat and Compost
Here are some tips for Mogra plant care:
- Light: Mogra plant needs bright, indirect sunlight for at least 4-6 hours a day.
- Soil: Mogra plant prefers well-draining soil that is rich in organic matter. Use a soil mix that contains equal parts of garden soil, sand, and compost.
- Watering: Water the Mogra plant regularly, but avoid overwatering. Water the plant only when the topsoil feels dry to the touch. Avoid waterlogging, as it can cause root rot.
- Fertilizer: Feed the Mogra plant with a balanced fertilizer once a month during the growing season (spring and summer). Use a fertilizer that is high in phosphorus, as it promotes flower growth.
- Pruning: Prune the Mogra plant regularly to maintain its shape and size. Pinch off the tips of the stems to encourage branching and more flowers.
- Pest control: Watch out for common pests like aphids and spider mites. Use a natural insecticide or neem oil to control pests.
- By following these tips, you can keep your Mogra plant healthy and beautiful.