Krishna Nursery | We Make Your Life Green | Buy Plants Online | Horticulture Services
The Dracaena Draco, also known as the Canary Island Dragon Tree, is a slow-growing evergreen tree native to the Canary Islands, Madeira, and Cape Verde. It belongs to the family Asparagaceae and is a popular ornamental plant due to its unique and attractive appearance. The plant can grow up to 20 meters in height, with a trunk that can reach a diameter of 2 meters. The leaves are long and narrow, with a blue-green color, and can reach up to 60 cm in length. The plant produces small white flowers, followed by orange-red berries.
Dracaena Draco is a hardy plant that can tolerate a wide range of growing conditions, including drought and high temperatures. It prefers well-draining soil and partial shade to full sun exposure. The plant is commonly propagated from stem cuttings or seeds. In addition to its ornamental value, the plant has also been used for various medicinal purposes in traditional medicine. Its resin was used as a traditional remedy for various ailments, including coughs and respiratory problems. However, the plant contains a toxic substance, saponin, which can be harmful if ingested, so caution is advised when handling or using the plant.
- Plant name: Dracaena Draco Plant
- Pot size: 18 inch Plastic Pot
- Pot color: White Pot
- Plant Height: 3 ft.
- Spread: 2 ft.
- Location: Outdoor/Bright Indirect Light
- Soil Type: Rich with Coco-Peat and Compost
Here are some care tips for keeping your Dracaena Draco healthy:
- Light: The Dracaena Draco prefers bright, indirect light. It can tolerate some direct sunlight, but too much can scorch its leaves. Place your plant near a bright window but not in direct sunlight.
- Watering: Water your Dracaena Draco thoroughly but allow the top inch of soil to dry out before watering again. Overwatering can cause root rot, so be sure not to let the plant sit in standing water.
- Soil: Use a well-draining potting mix that is rich in organic matter. A mix of peat moss, perlite, and sand will work well.
- Fertilizer: Fertilize your Dracaena Draco once a month during the growing season (spring and summer) with a balanced fertilizer.
- Humidity: The Dracaena Draco prefers moderate to high humidity levels. You can increase humidity around the plant by misting it regularly or placing a tray of water near the plant.
- Pruning: Prune your Dracaena Draco to remove any dead or damaged leaves. You can also prune the plant to control its height and shape.
- Pests: Watch out for spider mites, mealybugs, and scale insects, which can infest the plant. If you notice any signs of pests, treat the plant with an insecticidal soap or neem oil.
- Overall, the Dracaena Draco is a low-maintenance plant that can thrive in a variety of indoor settings. With proper care, it can live for many years and make a beautiful addition to your home or office.
Customers who bought this product also bought:
16 other products in the same category: