- Krishna Nursery | We Make Your Life Green | Buy Plants Online | Horticulture Services
Purple Heart is also known as Pallida, Purpurea, Purple Secretia, Tradescantia pallida or Purple Queen. It can be used as a ground cover. You can grow it in baskets, pots or vertical walls.
- Plant name: Purple Heart Plant
- Scientific name: Tradescantia pallida
- Pot size: 6 inch Polybag
- Plant Height: 1 ft. approx
- Spread: 6 inch
- Location: Outdoor Full Sun
- Pinch off the tips of stems to create a bushier plant.
- Water purple hearts regularly, keep moist evenly.
- Be sure the container has a drainage hole to prevent soggy soil and root rot.
- For potted plants, a well-draining, coco-peat based potting mix is perfect.
- Trim off dead leaves for fast growth.
- It needs full day sun or 8 hours of bright sunglingt.