- Krishna Nursery | We Make Your Life Green | Buy Plants Online | Horticulture Services
Aglaonema Snow White, also known as Chinese evergreen, is a popular houseplant that is known for its beautiful foliage. It is native to the tropical regions of Southeast Asia and is a member of the Araceae family. The Snow White variety of Aglaonema has striking green and white leaves that are variegated with different shades of white and cream. The leaves are broad and ovate, with a glossy texture. The plant can grow up to 2-3 feet tall and wide, making it a great choice for filling up space in your home or office.
Aglaonema Snow White is a relatively low-maintenance plant that is easy to care for. It thrives in bright, indirect light and prefers to be kept in a warm and humid environment. It should be watered regularly but should not be overwatered, as this can cause root rot. Overall, Aglaonema Snow White is a great choice for those looking for a beautiful and easy-to-care-for houseplant that can add some life and color to their indoor space.
- Plant name: Aglaonema Snow White Plant
- Pot size: 6 inch Plastic Pot
- Pot Color: White Pot
- Plant Height: 9 inch
- Spread: 6 inch
- Location: Outdoor/Indoor Bright Light
- Soil Type: Rich with Coco-Peat and Compost
Here are some care tips for Aglaonema Snow White:
- Light: Aglaonema 'Snow White' prefers bright, indirect light, but can tolerate low-light conditions. Avoid placing it in direct sunlight, as it can scorch the leaves. Place it in a well-lit area indoors, such as near a window with sheer curtains or in a room with bright, filtered light.
- Temperature: Aglaonema 'Snow White' is a tropical plant and prefers warm temperatures between 65-85°F (18-29°C). Avoid exposing it to temperatures below 60°F (15°C), as it can suffer cold damage.
- Watering: Water Aglaonema 'Snow White' moderately, allowing the top inch of the soil to dry out before watering again. Over-watering can lead to root rot, so it's important to avoid keeping the soil overly moist. Use room temperature water and avoid letting the plant sit in standing water, as this can cause root rot.
- Humidity: Aglaonema 'Snow White' prefers slightly higher humidity, but can tolerate normal indoor humidity levels. You can increase humidity around the plant by placing a tray of water near it or using a humidifier.
- Potting mix: Plant Aglaonema 'Snow White' in well-draining, peat-based potting mix. Ensure that the pot has drainage holes to allow excess water to escape and prevent waterlogging.
- Fertilizer: Feed Aglaonema 'Snow White' with a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer formulated for houseplants during the growing season (spring and summer), following the manufacturer's instructions. Avoid over-fertilizing, as it can cause leaf burn.
- Pruning: Regularly remove yellow or damaged leaves to maintain the plant's appearance and health. You can also trim the plant to control its size and shape, if desired.
- Pests: Aglaonema 'Snow White' is relatively resistant to pests, but it can occasionally be affected by common houseplant pests such as mealybugs or spider mites. Keep an eye out for any signs of infestation, such as webbing, tiny insects, or distorted leaves, and treat promptly with insecticidal soap or neem oil.
- Repotting: Aglaonema 'Snow White' typically does not require frequent repotting and can do well in a slightly root-bound condition. Repotting may be necessary every 1-2 years, or when the plant has outgrown its current pot. Use a pot that is slightly larger than the current one and fresh potting mix.
- With proper care, Aglaonema 'Snow White' can thrive and maintain its beautiful foliage, adding a touch of elegance to your indoor space. Regular monitoring for watering, light, temperature, and pest conditions, along with timely care and maintenance, will help keep your Aglaonema 'Snow White' healthy and happy.