- Krishna Nursery | We Make Your Life Green | Buy Plants Online | Horticulture Services
The Areca Palm gets its nickname, the Butterfly Palm, because its long feathery leaves arch upwards of multiple reed like stems. Long evergreen leaf stems shoot up from golden stalks and arch outward and down. It is grown as an ornamental plant in gardens in tropical and subtropical regions, and elsewhere indoors as a houseplant.
The areca palm is a graceful indoor palm that brings a touch of elegance to any room. Areca palm is also known as Dypsis lutescens, Areca lutescens, Golden feather palm, Bamboo palm, Golden cane or Yellow palm.
- Plant name: Areca Palm
- Pot size: 24 inch plastic Tray
- Pot Color: White Tray
- Plant Height: 2.5 ft.
- Location: Bright Indirect Light
- Soil Type: Rich with Coco-Peat and Compost
- Avoid exposure to direct, harsh sunlight as it can burn the foliage.
- Since it is a tropical plant, keep the soil slightly moist.
- If you are keeping the plant indoors, provide bright indirect light.
- For potted indoor plants, a well-draining, coco-peat based potting mix is perfect.
- Clean the leaves every week to free them from dust accumulation.
- Improves Air Humidity
- Easy to Look After
- Absorbs Indoor Air-Pollutants
- Emits More Oxygen
- Safe for Pets
- Helps in Decreasing Stress
- Beautifies the Interior