- Krishna Nursery | We Make Your Life Green | Buy Plants Online | Horticulture Services
Rubber plants are grown for their glossy, leathery, large leaves. The leaves are oblong to oval, 8 to 12 inches long and in various colors of dark green, deep maroon or marked with yellow, cream, pink or white.
The rubber plant is capable of producing flowers and, subsequently, small fruits. Actual rubber plant blooms are small, greenish and insignificant; they also are unlikely to occur on a rubber plant growing indoors in a container or even one growing outdoors in warm temperate to semi-tropical conditions.
- Plant name: Rubber Plant
- Pot size: 10 inch Plastic Pot
- Pot Color: Black Pot
- Plant Height: 2 ft.
- Spread: 1 ft.
- Soil Type: Rich with Coco-Peat and Compost
- You can prune Rubber Plants throughout the year, but the ideal time is late spring to early summer.
- Rubber plants like bright light and a lot of it, but not direct sunlight. A sunny spot shielded by a sheer curtain is often perfect for rubber plants.
- If you are keeping the plant indoors, provide bright light to keep healthy.
- For potted plants a well-draining, coco-peat based potting mix is perfect.
- Clean the leaves every week to free them from dust accumulation.
- Water only when the soil becomes dry (once every 8 to 10 days).
- Be careful to avoid overwatering.