- Krishna Nursery | We Make Your Life Green | Buy Plants Online | Horticulture Services
Purslane is a common plant that is often considered a weed, but it is also commonly used as a vegetable in many parts of the world. It is an annual plant that can grow up to 12 inches tall and has succulent leaves and stems. The flowers of purslane are small and can range in color from white to yellow to pink. Purslane plant is known as Portulaca oleracea 'Alba'. It is a variety of purslane that produces white flowers rather than the more common yellow flowers. This plant is often used as an ornamental plant in gardens and landscaping, as well as being used as a food source.
Overall, purslane plant is a versatile and useful plant that can be used for both ornamental and culinary purposes.
- Plant name: Purslane Plant - Pink Flower
- Pot size: 5 inch Polybag
- Plant Height: 8 inch
- Spread: 4-6 inch
- Location: Outdoor
- Soil Type: Rich with Coco-Peat and Compost
Here are some tips on how to care for your purslane plant:
- Soil: Purslane prefers well-draining soil that is slightly acidic with a pH between 6.0 and 7.0. Ensure the soil is moist but not waterlogged.
- Sunlight: Purslane loves sunlight, so it is best to plant it in an area that receives full sun or partial shade.
- Watering: Water your purslane plant regularly, especially during dry periods. However, be careful not to overwater it, as this can cause root rot.
- Fertilizer: You can fertilize your purslane plant once a month with a balanced fertilizer.
- Pruning: Pruning is not necessary for purslane, but you can pinch off any dead leaves or flowers to encourage new growth.
- Pests and Diseases: Purslane is relatively pest-resistant and disease-resistant. However, keep an eye out for aphids, spider mites, and fungal diseases. If you notice any issues, you can treat them with insecticidal soap or a fungicide.
- By following these care tips, you can ensure that your purslane plant stays healthy and vibrant.